Allen Court

Allen Court was built in 1924, and the Headley House circa 1935. The property is located on 6th and Washington Streets. The establishment once served as a photographer’s studio, the Allen Funeral Home, and an annex for the County offices.

CFC Properties, a real estate development and property management company, purchased the property on September 15, 1983, and converted it into apartments. The renovated establishment was named Allen Court because of its historical connection to the funeral home established in 1917 by Walter Allen and his brother. During the renovation, Allen Court was affectionately referred to as “folded arms.” 

In June 1995, CFC sold the property.